Tuesday, June 29, 2010

That One Time in Science Class When I Had to Use the Eyewash Station

I remember when I was younger, either in 6th or 7th grade, our science class had a day where we looked at different substances and tried to describe them. A girl, we’ll call her Sally, was sitting across from me at the sulfur station. Between us was the sulfur and we were both staring at it, preparing to describe it visually. I guess Sally was curious about how the powdery stuff would react to being blown on, because all of a sudden she blew on it and I ended up with sulfur in my eyes. It really burned. The teacher, Mr. Densmore (we used to call him Mr. Dense-More because we were clever like that) took me over to the eyewash station and eventually the burning stopped. Afterwards Sally said she was really sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment